It turns out I have a lot of goals for 2014. Here’s a list.
- Wring all the sloppiness from my eating program.
- Find a cheap elliptical machine and use it for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Earn my way off the blood pressure pills.
- Get the first-ever security section of Akamai.com up and running.
- Learn how to play one new song a week on guitar.
- Start recording the original music I’ve been working on.
- Figure out a plan to make a book version of The OCD Diaries. Or, more accurately, a series of books.
- Spend less time looking at my phone and more time reading old-fashioned books.
- Maybe make another attempt at reconciling with estranged family members.
- Stop using the e-cigs that have been a crutch since I stopped smoking.
- Be more patient with people, especially my children.
- Get to more security conferences (it’s a job requirement, anyway) and find a way to sneak Erin to some of them. [I won’t fit in your suitcase! -Ed.]
- Drink less coffee and more green tea.
- Get closer to God (I drifted a bit in 2013).
- Walk Revere Beach at least once a month.
I seriously doubt I’ll end 2014 will all of these goals achieved. But if I make serious progress on some of them, I’ll declare victory.