A lot of unpleasant stuff happened in 2014. I busted my back, slid back into the grip of old demons and spent the fall in a depressed fog.
But a lot of beautiful things happened, too. I racked up many precious memories of time well spent with family and friends. My work continued to be full of satisfaction and reward.
I expect much the same for 2015. But like everyone else, I have my New Year’s goals.
- I’m going to take better care of myself. I let the demons win in 2014 and I didn’t wait for 2015 to fight back. I’ve been back on a regular exercise regimen and started paying more attention to how I eat. I’m starting to feel better, and plan to make that trend continue.
- I’m going to focus more on being the blessing. I blogged about this virtue in 2014 but often failed to live up to it. I want to be a positive force in people’s lives and am going to be a lot more obsessive about it in 2015. Some obsessions are worth having.
- I’m going to kick ass in my work. Because that’s what I do. But I’m going to do it without sweating the little things.
- I’m not going to worry so much about pleasing people. I fell back into the people-pleasing trap in 2014 and am hell-bent on not letting it happen in 2015.
- I’m going to keep showing up. Life will undoubtably throw unpleasant challenges my way. That’s life. No matter how tough it gets, I’m going to keep getting up and facing it head on.
Happy New Year.