I’ve been going through a major bout of insecurity lately as a result of juggling so many responsibilities at once. We all go through this on occasion, so I don’t claim to be a special snowflake in this regard.
In an effort to feel a little less overwhelmed, I turned to a tool I should use more often: list making. After writing it all down, I find that I’m not quite as screwed as first thought.
With that, here’s a list of what I’ve accomplished so far this year.
- Created a new LLC to run the family building
- Signed up an anchor tenant for the building
- Brought in a partner to manage the place so I can focus on my real job in infosec
- Cleaned up the building, including painting inside and out and remodeling the front office
- Moved the environmental cleanup on site from Phase 2 to 3, which allows us to actually clean up the mess after two years of digging, drilling and testing
- Kept all the bills paid
What I need to do better at:
- Taking better care of my health
- Not coming unglued with every stressful development
- Being more present at home
- Playing guitar
I feel better now.